Stable Fold pledges to improve patient safety
Stable Fold announces it has pledged to improve patient safety as part of the national campaign, Sign up to Safety.
Sign up to safety is a national patient safety campaign to help the NHS in England build a safer NHS and address the problem of unsafe care and avoidable harm. So far, over 360 organisations have pledged support and are committed to improve the safety of healthcare through locally led, self-directed safety improvement.
Stacey Walsh, Practice Manager at Stable Fold said: ' By joining Sign up to Safety, Stable Fold is demonstrating its commitment to focusing on patient safety so that all patients and the staff that care for them are free from avoidable harm. We will achieve this by both designing our care processes so that they support safer care and by focusing our efforts on a small number of priority areas where avoidable harm can be reduced for the majority of patients.'
The five Sign up to Safety pledges
- Putting safety first. Commit to reduce avoidable harm in the NHS by half and make public our locally developed goals and plans
- Continually learn. Make our organisation more resilient to risks, by acting on the feedback from patients and staff and by constantly measuring and monitoring how safe our services are
- Being honest. Be transparent with people about our progress to tackle patient safety issues and support staff to be candid with patients and their families if something goes wrong
- Collaborating. Take a lead role in supporting local collaborative learning, so that improvements are made across all of the local services that patients use
- Being supportive. Help people understand why things go wrong and how to put them right. Give staff the time and support to improve and celebrate progress.
About Sign up to Safety
Sign up to Safety is a national initiative helping organisations and individuals working across all healthcare settings provide the safest possible care to their patients.
At the heart of Sign up to Safety is the philosophy of locally led, self-directed safety improvement. We believe in the balance between nationwide solutions and local improvement; that adapting tools to fit local context and working on things that matter to frontline staff are crucial.
We believe in a positive safety culture; where staff are supported when things go wrong. Through our actions we aim to help people feel proud of what they do. We see each day and every action as an opportunity to learn and improve and we welcome everyone who wishes to get involved.
Our approach is to enable people to help each other work together and celebrate progress; importantly we help people share what they are doing for others to learn from.
Our role is to provide practical support and guidance through digital channels and social media; making it quicker and easier for our members to find what they need to know, to be inspired and motivated to keep going.
For more information visit www.signuptosafety.nhs.uk
About patient safety in England
Sign up to Safety is one of a series of safety initiatives launched by the Department of Health, borne out of recent reviews into safety in the NHS including The Francis Review and Professor Don Berwick’s report A Promise to Learn a Commitment to Act which highlighted the need for the NHS ‘to become, more than ever before, a system devoted to continual learning and improvement of patient care, top to bottom and end to end’.
Several initiatives are working in partnership to establish and deliver a single vision for the whole NHS to become the safest healthcare system in the world. For a summary visit www.signuptosafety.nhs.uk.